Undergoing any type of surgical procedure has its risks. However, when women visit with Dr. Lisa Hunsicker of Revalla Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics, they are encouraged to ask questions about how to care for themselves following their procedure. Women considering breast augmentation, which is the placement of breast implants into the chest to add volume and size to the breasts, may have many questions to ask about the procedure. But it’s also important that Littleton, Colorado area women considering this treatment also ask about the recovery process.
Below are a few of our doctor’s “do’s and don’ts” for recovery following breast augmentation procedures
- Do take it easy after having your surgery.
- Don’t engage in strenuous activities, including exercise, until you are cleared to do so.
- Do follow up with your doctor if you have any unusual complications.
- Don’t ignore pain, nausea, and other signs of complications and contact the doctor.
- Do follow the doctor’s post-operative recommendations such as wound and dressing care.
- Don’t wear one of your regular bras following plastic surgery and instead consider wearing a compression bra or a sports bra during the healing process.
- Do drink plenty of water and eat a healthy diet to ensure faster healing and proper recovery.
- Don’t have unrealistic goals in mind after surgery, and allow time for your breasts to reach their final results. Expect swelling and bruising for several weeks.
All surgeries have risk, and its important to know what is considered normal and what is not. By speaking with Dr. Lisa Hunsicker of Revalla Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics, women can better understand what to expect during the recovery process. Patients should closely follow their doctor’s post-operative instructions to reduce the risk of complications.
Learn more about the breast augmentation procedure and the recovery process
Dr. Lisa Hunsicker is our board-certified plastic surgeon who is dedicated to providing quality surgeries to patients in and around the Littleton, Colorado area. If you are interested in learning more, call the office at (720) 283-2500 and visiting the office at 7750 South Broadway, Suite #220. She accepts new patients ready to learn more about all she offers in terms of cosmetic plastic surgery solutions for the body.