At the practice of Dr. Lisa Hunsicker in Littleton, Colorado, not all surgeries in her practice are elective procedures. Some surgeries, including breast reduction surgery, may be performed for some women to improve their quality of life and address certain medical conditions and problems. Women with larger breasts who come to the board-certified plastic surgeon at Revalla Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics often have specific reasons why they are considering breast reduction surgery. Breast reduction surgery is often performed to offer freedom from certain health problems often associated with women who have excessively large breasts, to improve a patient’s self-image and confidence, and to help a woman in achieving more attractive body contours and smaller breasts that better match their natural shape. This outpatient procedure is performed to remove excess tissue and skin from the breasts and reconstruct the area into a more flattering appearance and lighter weight.
What are some of the reasons a woman may consider breast reduction?
Women considering breast reduction surgery often have several goals in mind. Breast reduction surgery:
- Can eliminate the added weight of extremely large breasts that overwhelm a smaller frame
- Helps reduce or eliminate back, shoulder, and neck pain associated with these larger breasts
- Can help patients become more active, as many women with larger breasts struggle with performing certain sports activities including running.
- Improves patient confidence, allowing them to feel more comfortable in their own skin and eliminates unwanted negative attention they may be used to receiving.
- Makes it easier for many women to find clothing and underwear that fits them properly and flatters their feminine figure.
- Is an affordable way to boost self-confidence while making reliable, permanent changes to the body’s contours and profile.
Are you considering breast reduction surgery?
The team at Revalla Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics in Littleton, Colorado encourage you to book a consultation visit with our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Lisa Hunsicker, to determine if you are a proper candidate for this or other breast revision procedures. Her practice is located at 7750 South Broadway, Suite 220 and can be reached by phone at (720) 283-2500.