If you have a highly noticeable or unsightly scar on your skin, you may find yourself discovering ways to hide them. Surgical, trauma, and even acne scars can impact a patient’s self-esteem. At Revalla Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics, our board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Lisa Hunsicker, is here to help with scar revision options. We work alongside our patients to determine the best treatment for their unique needs, ensuring quality care and desirable results!
How can scars be addressed with a plastic surgeon?
There are many different types of scars, and depending on the severity and placement, Dr. Lisa Hunsicker of Revalla Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics will evaluate a patient to make an educated decision on which treatment might be best. Below are some of the strategies she may employ to address scarring on the skin and improve patient confidence:
- Surgical excision. With surgery, Dr. Lisa Hunsicker will make incisions around the current scar to remove the tissue. This can be done in two different ways, with fusiform excision surgery or partial/serial excision surgery.
- Local flap. With the local flap technique, Dr. Lisa Hunsicker creates a unique shaped incision on the scar, and uses surrounding skin to cover it up and reduce its appearance.
- Grafting. Some smaller scars on the skin may benefit from skin grafting. This requires her to remove skin from one part of the body to add it to the scarred area.
- Laser treatments. Laser skin resurfacing may also be attempted on less noticeable scars to help stimulates the skin’s natural collagen production and rejuvenate skin cells faster than can naturally occur.
- Injections. Dermal fillers such as hyaluronic acid fillers are sometimes used with depressed scars, such as ice pick acne scars that impact the skin’s texture and appearance.
How do I learn more about scar revision surgery?
Littleton, CO area patients ready to achieve scar reduction, revision, or removal will want to book a consultation appointment first with the team at Revalla Plastic Surgery and Medical Aesthetics. Our board-certified plastic surgeon will evaluate patients to determine the best course of action to get the results patients desire. The office is located at 7750 South Broadway, Suite #220 and is available for new appointments upon calling the office at (720) 283-2500.